Cancer Council eLearning
Working indoors - a SunSmart balance for vitamin D and skin cancer prevention
The sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation is the major cause of skin cancer, as well as the best natural source of vitamin D, which is essential for strong bones and overall health.
In Australia, it is important to take a balanced approach to UV exposure in order to minimise your risk of skin and eye damage and skin cancer, and to help with your vitamin D levels.
This course is for indoor workers who have limited UV exposure during the working week. It will step you through a series of modules that explore:
- why UV is a hazard and sources of UV
- how to protect yourself from UV while gaining enough for maintaining vitamin D levels
- risk factors for skin cancer
- how to prevent skin cancer
- how to check your skin for signs of skin cancer.